Denny Ainsworth is an extra who portrayed a survivor living in Woodbury. His character managed to survive until the end of Season 3 and joined the other Woodbury survivors at the prison. He appears throughout Season 3 and Season 4.
According to a prison extra, the director felt that the bus was too crowded with fleeing prison refugees, so some extras were removed from the bus for the death scene. Denny and Hannah Moore were two of the prison extras to have been removed from filming, but were still on set. Regardless, his character is considered dead (off-screen). Additionally, Denny was fitted with a prosthetic head wound and was supposed to be the dead body Maggie pushes out the bus door, but he was too much for Lauren Cohan to handle (at 6'3" and 190lbs), so he was replaced with prison extra Becky Nunnally.
He has appeared in the following episodes:
- Season 3
- "Say the Word" - Chatting with man at barbeque.
- "Made to Suffer" - After the town is attacked, this survivor gathers at the arena to witness Daryl and Merle be branded as terrorists.
- "The Suicide King" - Cheers on at death match between Merle and Daryl, tries to leave town next day.
- "Welcome to the Tombs" - Seen staying behind in Woodbury, later brought to the prison.
- Season 4
- "Isolation" - Seen with a broken arm and shivering in a jail cell in Cell Block A.
- "Internment" - Seen exiting a jail cell in Cell Block A with a tissue covering his mouth.
- "Too Far Gone" - Flees with a woman to the bus, seated towards middle of bus.
- "Inmates" - (Off-Screen)