|This article is about the Video Game character. You may be looking for the Alexandria resident, the Hilltop resident, the hunter, the Savior, the novel character, the TV Series character, the other TV Series character, the actor, the screenwriter, or the photographer.|
|Age||Mid to late 30's|
|Occupation||High School Band Teacher|
|First Appearance||"Starved For Help"|
|Last Appearance||"Starved For Help"|
|Death Episode||"Starved For Help"|
|Cause of Death||Blood loss/Devoured by zombies.|
|David's possible deaths.|
|David Parker Gallery|
Kevin Burns Gallery
Hardly anything is known about David's life before the outbreak began. All that is known is that he was a high school band director at Stone Mountain School. It is also revealed that he taught both Ben and Travis.
Shortly before the events in Starved for Help, his camp was raided by bandits, who killed several teachers and students, and raided their supplies, causing David, Ben, and Travis to flee.
David is first seen in the woods, screaming because he was caught in a bear trap (most likely set by the St. John's brothers), accompanied by Ben and Travis. Lee Everett, Mark, and Kenny arrive and begin assisting with his leg. At this time, Travis warns Ben not to trust them as they might've been the people who raided their camp. Mark discovers that the bear trap had been tampered with and cannot be undone.
Lee saves David by cutting off his leg, freeing him from the trap, and then is carried by Mark. Travis, unfortunately, is distracted and devoured by walkers. David is then taken back to the Motor Inn where he ultimately dies of blood loss, despite the attempts of Katjaa. He reanimates and is killed by either, Larry, Carley, or Mark. Ben will then explain how David reanimated.
If David is not cut out in time, Travis will attempt to take Mark's hunting rifle, but is accidentally shot. They will take Travis back to the Motor Inn, leaving David behind to be devoured by walkers.
This list shows the victims David has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies.
Death Possibility #1Edit
The bear trap he was trapped in was altered to have no release latch. Danny is shown to be setting a similar, if not the same, trap near the barn door when Lee and Kenny escape the freezer. These facts, when taken into consideration, point towards the bear trap David was stuck in being used by the St. Johns to capture people for meat.
Death Possibility #2Edit
- Walkers (Determinant)
If Lee fails to save him, the group will ultimately have to leave him for the walkers as they now have a wounded Travis to tend to.
- Lee Everett (Caused, Determinant)
- Larry (Zombified, Determinant) (If given axe) (If Doug is saved in Episode 1)
- Mark (Zombified, Determinant) (If given axe) (If Doug is saved in Episode 1)
- Carley (Zombified, Determinant) (If Carley is saved in Episode 1)
As one of the living, David is killed by either walkers or blood loss due to the amputation of his leg by Lee Everett. After turning into a walker, David is killed by either Mark or Larry depending on whom you give the axe. After David dies due to blood loss, he reanimates and jumps on Katjaa. Lee manages to save her, but is attacked by David. Lee gouges David's eyes out, after which, Larry/Mark axes David in the head, but only if Doug was saved. If you saved Carley in Episode 1, she will be the one to shoot the zombified David in the back of the head.
- David (Determinant), Mark, Tess, and Lee Everett (Determinant) are the only known amputated victims in the Video Game.
- If Lee decides to amputate David's leg, he becomes the first human whose death is shown to be caused by Lee Everett (albeit inadvertently).
- If you save David and saved Carley in episode 1, she will shoot David after he turns. However, when he's dead, it will still look like he was axed.
- Earlier in development, if you left Mr. Parker then he would be the one having both legs chopped off by Danny, as Mark was left behind in the bandit attack. This was scrapped for some unknown reason.
- According to unused audio clips, Mr. Parker witnessed a lot of traumatic events. One of these was his students being raped to death by bandits while he was forced to watch.
- David and Travis are the third and fourth characters to have multiple ways to die, the first two being Carley and Doug.
- David can either be left behind for the walkers to devour or die from blood loss from losing his leg to Lee.
- He held about a group of 40 together and kept them safe until the bandits arrived. Only he, Travis, and Ben escaped and survived until their unfortunate deaths.
- David is one of two characters in the Video Game to have their leg caught in a bear trap, the other being Danny St. John.
- It seems that David was originally going to be found by Lee at the St. John's dairy instead of Mark.
- In the unused lines from Episode 2, David can be heard speaking Mark's lines.
- It takes 1 minute and 40 seconds to free David from the trap.