|This article is about the hunter in the Comic Series. You may be looking for the Alexandria resident in the Comic Series, the Hilltop resident, the Savior, the TV Series character, the other TV Series character, the Novel Series character, the Video Game character, the photographer, the screenwriter, or the actor.|
|First Appearance||Issue 63|
|Last Appearance||Issue 66|
|Series lifespan||#63 to #66|
|Hunters getting killed and then burned.|
|David (Hunter) Gallery|
- "We have no idea what effect, if any, this will have on us. He's not dead yet--and the meat was cooked. We don't have reason to worry yet."
- —David about eating Dale's leg.
David is a character first encountered in Issue 63 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is a survivor of the undead apocalypse, and one of six Hunters who were tracking down Rick Grimes and his group of survivors on their journey to Washington D.C.
Nothing is known about David's life before or as the outbreak began.
David was one of six cannibalistic survivors who stalked and preyed upon other living humans, namely the weak or isolated, for sustenance. Not much of his personality was revealed, only that he, like the others, listened to and obeyed the group's leader, Chris.
Like his peers, David had initially become a cannibal due to the circumstances of the new world and the scarcity of food; however, the extent of how much he agreed with his group's actions is unknown. Chris had revealed to Rick that they had eaten their own children to survive, and it is unknown if David had any children that was part of the re-telling.
David evidently appeared to be a level-headed member of the group; when the Hunters had realized Dale's leg was tainted due to Dale being infected from a zombie bite, David dismissed Albert and his fears of becoming undead. He suggested that because the meat was cooked and Dale was alive, that they had no reason to worry.
David's theory never came to be seen as true or false, due to his and the rest of his group's deaths.
He, like other Hunters, was mutilated, beaten, and burned by Rick, Abraham, Michonne, and Andrea in retaliation for their attack on Glenn and mutilation of Dale, and allegedly for the safety of the group.
This list shows the victims David has killed:
- Possibly numerous counts of zombies and people.
- David may have had a family and/or kids before or after the apocalypse.
- It is unknown if the "tainted meat" of Dale that The Hunters ate had any affect on them because of the short interval between the consumption and their deaths and when their bodies were burnt, so it is unknown if David's theory was correct or not.
- He is the member of his group with the least appearances, appearing only in one issue.