|This article is about the TV show character. You may be looking for his comic series counterpart. You may also be looking the second criminal or the third criminal.|
- "Put it down! Put the gun down! "
- —Rick to the criminal after he emerges from the crashed vehicle with a handgun.[src]
Not much is known about this criminal. He probably lives in or near Atlanta, and is a criminal for a living.
Along with two other criminals, he was involved in a legal matter with the Linden County Sheriff's Department. However, the group refused to obey the requests of the deputy officers, injuring a Linden County Sheriff officer and starting a high speed chase with the Linden County Sheriff's Department. With their driving becoming reckless and the group entering King County, Georgia, the police requested the aid of the King County Sheriff's Department. When Officer Rick Grimes and Officer Shane Walsh responded to the call, they headed out to the highway and laid down a spike strip to stop their vehicle. Once the criminals' car went over the strip, it flattened the tires, causing them to lose control of their vehicle and flip it multiple times. When the group recovered, he was the first one to exit the car and immediately started shooting at the police officers. Armed with a pistol, he fired multiple shots at the police and even hit Rick in his Kevlar bulletproof vest. He injured him, but did not cause any life-threatening damage to him. He was eventually gunned down by several police officers and was shot multiple times before finally going down.
- Multiple Police Officers; possibly
The criminal got out of the flipped car and immediately opened fired at officers, only to be shot multiple times in the chest before finally going down.
- "Days Gone Bye" (No Lines)
- This criminal is the first human character killed in the TV Series, and one of few characters in The Walking Dead universe that's shown alive on-screen to be killed pre-apocalypse.
- This criminal is the first character to die in Season 1.
- The criminal uses a 9mm SIG-Sauer P228 pistol with a Two-Tone finish.
- Brent Bernhard has theorized that since none of the criminals were killed with headshots, they are likely walkers roaming around the Georgia forest. (This is very unlikely because Rick was in a coma for several months. The bodies were likely buried by then.)