|This article is about Julie's boyfriend in the Comic Series. You may be looking for the Comic Series hunter, the Social Game character, the Survival Instinct character, or the host.|
|Occupation||Assumed High-School Student|
|Family||Julie - Girlfriend (Deceased)|
|First Appearance||Issue 7|
|Last Appearance||Issue 15|
|Death Issue||Issue 15|
|Cause of Death||Strangled by Tyreese.|
|Series lifespan||#7 to #15|
|Tyreese chokes Chris to death.|
|Chris (Comic Series) Gallery|
- "It wasn't to supposed to be like this. We were supposed to be together forever. Fire at the same time--It was going to work. Together forever."
- —Chris to himself about Julie.[src]
Chris is a character first encountered in Issue 7 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is the boyfriend of Julie, and is staying with her and her father, Tyreese, due to personal problems when the zombie crisis began. Chris was not a very active member of the group, and his role was mainly to babysit the children, along with Julie. He was later killed by Tyreese after he killed Julie, thinking the two could kill each other in a suicide pact, which went wrong.
Chris, Julie, and Tyreese eventually joined up with Rick's group, and moved to The Prison. Chris seemed to want to prove his worth to Rick and the group or at least not be treated as a child. He often grumbles and curses in annoyance when he and Julie were asked to stay with the children, while the others invaded the jail. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Chris was pressuring Julie into a suicide pact, believing they could truly be together forever. On the night they executed their plan, Chris fired too early and only Julie was killed. When Julie reanimated, he shot her again.
- Tyreese (Alive and Zombified)
Tyreese, in a furious, vengeful rage, choked him to death. After Chris reanimated, Tyreese brutalized the zombie until he was nothing but mutilated pieces, which Tyreese then burned, and later revealed to Rick.
This list shows the victims Chris has killed:
- "Okay, no backing down. This is it."
- —Chris' last words to Julie.[src]
Chris was Julie's boyfriend, and they loved each other very much, so much that they planned a suicide pact so they could be together forever. Sadly, this attempt failed when Chris pulled the trigger too quickly. He is shown to be distressed by this, and he puts her down when she reanimates. Chris and Julie often tried to have sexual intercourse, but were always caught by Tyreese.
- "WHAT DID YOU DO?!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY LITTLE GIRL?!"
- —Tyreese yelling at Chris, after he killed Julie.[src]
Tyreese seemed friendly towards Chris but was always wary of what Chris and Julie were up too. Tyreese walked in on Julie and Chris about to have sex several times, furiously asking them if they wanted to be in the same situation that Rick and Lori were in. At the prison, Julie and Chris had sex late one night and had planned to shoot each other immediately afterward in a suicide pact, but Chris pulled the trigger too fast and accidentally killed Julie. Tyreese heard the gunshot and ran in and held Julie in his arms, weeping; he immediately roared at Chris asking him what has he done. When Julie reanimated as a zombie, Tyreese tried talking to it, seeing it as a way for his daughter to come back, since she wasn't bitten, but Chris knew it would not work and shot her to put her out of her misery. Tyreese saw it as Chris killing his daughter twice. Immediately, Tyreese attacked and strangled Chris, and when Chris came back Tyreese told Rick he killed Chris again but slower and he enjoyed every second of it, which again shows that Tyreese hated him for killing his daughter.
- "Shut up, brat!"
- —Chris to Carl.[src]
Chris and Carl had a poor relationship. Chris frequently complained about having to babysit Carl, Sophia, Ben, and Billy. At one point, after Chris had used a curse word in front of Carl and Sophia, Carl told Chris, "You shouldn't cuss so much. I know you're not an all the way adult." Also saying, "Saying those swears isn't going to fool me." Chris responded by saying "Shut up, brat!" which angered Carl greatly.
- Although Chris and Julie didn't enact their suicide pact until after they arrived at the Prison, it was hinted about while the survivors stayed on Hershel's farm. After a target practice session, Tyreese decided to allow the two teenagers to keep their guns; Chris later remarked "finally... this is going to be so much easier."
- Tyreese's group is the only group where all members reanimated as zombies at some point. Julie reanimates after Chris kills her, but he shoots her again, causing Tyreese to murder him twice, both as a human and as a zombie. When The Governor kills Tyreese, his decapitated head reanimates. Tyreese's zombie is finally put to rest by Michonne.
- Robert Kirkman answered the question whether naming characters the same name, Billy, Chris, Jim, Eugene, Eric, and Bruce was an oversight, "It's not oversight at all. It's completely unrealistic for a group of people to meet at random and never encounter the same names."