|This article is about the Comic Series character. You may be looking for the artist, the TV Series character or the Novel Series character.|
|First Appearance||Issue 61|
|Last Appearance||Issue 66|
|Series lifespan||#61 to #66|
|Hunters getting killed and then burned.|
- "I'm sorry, Chris. I don't know where they were going. It was just a few of them--they were probably just going to find food--or try to. The majority of them stayed in the church. They're still there. Figured they were most important."
- —Charlie to Chris.
Charlie is a character first encountered in Issue 61 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is a survivor of the undead apocalypse, and one of the six Hunters who were tracking down Rick Grimes' group on their journey to Washington D.C.
Nothing is known about Charlie's life before or as the oubreak began.
Charlie was one of six cannibalistic survivors who stalked and preyed upon other living humans, namely the weak or isolated, for sustenance. Not much of his personality was revealed, only that he, like the others, listened to and obeyed the group's leader, Chris.
Like his peers, Charlie had initially become a cannibal due to the circumstances of the new world and the scarcity of food; however, the extent of how much he agreed with his group's actions is unknown. Chris had revealed to Rick that they had eaten their own children to survive, and it is unknown if Charlie had any children that was part of the re-telling.
Charlie seemed to one of the more active Hunters, having been one of the three who stalked Rick's group and one of the two, the other being Greg, that abducted Dale. He was the one who watched the group as they took refuge in the church, and failed to follow Rick, Andrea, Michonne, Abraham, and Fr. Stokes because he believed the weaker group still remaining in the church was the most important.
His decision consequently cost his group their lives, as the Hunters realized when Rick and his survivors, who had left the church, ambushed the Hunters in their own home.
Charlie, like the other Hunters, was mutilated, beaten, and burned by Rick, Abraham, Michonne, and Andrea in retaliation for their attack on Glenn and mutilation of Dale, and allegedly for the safety of the group.
This list shows the victims Charlie has killed:
- Numerous counts of unnamed people and possibly zombies.
- Charlie was the only Hunter not to have not his name explicitly mentioned during his time in the Comic Series; his name came from the Walking Dead website later on.
- Charlie is also only character in the comics to have their name revealed in somewhere else than in the comic itself.
- It is unknown if the tainted meat of Dale that The Hunters ate had any affect on them because of the short interval between the consumption and their deaths and when their bodies were burnt, so it is unknown if David's theory was correct or not.