|This article is about the actor. You may be looking for the Novel Series character.|
He had a starring role on the HBO series The Wire as reformed criminal Dennis "Cutty" Wise. In 2002, Coleman starred as O.J. Simpson in TNT's television movie Monday Night Mayhem. Chad also had a role in the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series on Fox. He also had a small role in Carlito's Way: Rise to Power. He has recently been involved in the development of Left 4 Dead 2 as voice actor for the character Coach. In 2009, Coleman appeared in a revival of August Wilson's play Joe Turner's Come and Gone on Broadway, playing Herald Loomis. He also had a starring role in the Norwegian TV series Buzz Aldrin, What Happened To You In All The Confusion?, based on the novel by Johan Harstad. The series aired in Europe in November 2011. Chad was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia.
He guest starred in the In Plain Sight episode "Whistle Stop" as an ex-boxer/witness suffering from pugilistic dementia, and in the Lie to Me episode "The Canary's Song" as a coal miner. He was also a guest star in two episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in 2010. at the same year he was also voiced a character named; Coach, in a zombie-related video game; Left 4 Dead 2.
In 2011, he landed the role of Gary Miller, the ex-husband of Nikki Miller and father of manipulative daughter Mackenzie in the Fox television sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which debuted in the fall of 2011.
On April 3rd, 2013, it was announced that Chad Coleman would be promoted to a series regular for Season Four. 
Chad has appeared in a few films such as:
- New York Cop
- The Gilded Six Bits
- Revolution #9
- Monday Night Mayhem
- The End of the Bar
- Brother to Brother
- Carlito's Way: Rise to Power
- Boldly Going Nowhere
- The Green Hornet
- Horrible Bosses
Chad has appeared in many TV Series such as:
- Here and Now
- Law & Order
- The Expanse
- New York Undercover
- Third Watch
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Guiding Light
- The Wire
- New Amsterdam
- Life on Mars
- CSI: Miami
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- The Forgotten
- In Plain Sight
- Lie to Me
- The Good Wife
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- I Hate My Teenage Daughter
- Electric City
- Criminal Minds
- Burn Notice
Chad has voiced in a few video games such as:
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Resident Evil 6
- Chad Coleman is one of the three "The Wire" alumni to be added as the cast of the Walking Dead. He is the first one, followed by Lawrence Gilliard Jr., and Seth Gilliam.
- Chad Coleman stated that his character was an ex-football player prior to the outbreak, an occupation his character on "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" shared.
- Additionally, he voices the character of Coach in Left 4 Dead 2, who was a football player and later high school football coach.
- ↑ Goldberg, Lesley. 'Walking Dead' Promotes Three to Series Regular for Season 4 The Hollywood Reporter (April 3, 2013)