|This article is about Allen and Donna's son in the Comic Series. You may be looking for Hershel's son in the Comic Series, Andrew and Hannah's son in the Webisodes, or the director.|
|Occupation||Assumed to be Pre-School Student (Pre-Apocalypse)|
|Family||Allen - Father (Deceased)|
Donna - Mother (Deceased)
Ben - Brother (Deceased)
Dale - Adoptive Father (Deceased)
Andrea - Adoptive Mother
|First Appearance||Issue 2|
|Last Appearance||Issue 61|
|Death Issue||Issue 61|
|Cause of Death||Murdered by Ben.|
|Series lifespan||#2 to #61|
|Billy is murdered by his own brother.|
|Billy (Comic Series) Gallery|
- "What's a segs?"
- —Billy to his parents.[src]
Billy is a character first encountered in Issue 2 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is one of Allen and Donna's twin sons and the brother of Ben. He is unofficially adopted by Dale and Andrea after his father's death.
When Billy's parents Allen and Donna heard that a safe-zone is being established in Atlanta city, the family traveled for Atlanta. However they arrived late and found that the city had become overrun with zombies. They soon bumped into Dale and the Atlanta Survivor Camp, where they began to live in hope that the military would soon rescue them.
Billy doesn't seem to understand what is happening in the world around him. After his mother, Donna, died, he didn't seem to understand what had happened, although he was very sad. When the survivors settled down at the prison, Billy lost his father to a lurker attack. He, along with his twin brother, Ben, were later adopted by Dale and Andrea.
Hershel's Farm Redux
Before The Governor returns with his forces, Dale decides to leave with a few others in the RV, including Billy. Billy leaves the prison along with Ben, Dale, Andrea, Sophia, Glenn, and Maggie. Unlike his brother, he shows no signs of mental illness.
On the road to Washington, D.C., Billy is brutally stabbed to death by Ben, who's convinced that Billy will come back. The group debates killing Ben to protect themselves, but, take no immediate action. During the night, Carl Grimes sneaks into the van where Ben is locked up, and executes him. The twins are buried side by side.
This list shows the victims Billy has killed:
- Possibly a few zombies.
| This relationship section needs a lot of work. |
You can help the Walking Dead Wiki by expanding it.
Allen was the father of Billy and Ben. Billy and Ben depended on both of their parents for protection. When Allen died, the children were both distraught and depressed.
The twins loved their mother. When she died, they expressed sorrow over her death.
- "Don't worry, he's going to come back. I didn't hurt his brains."
- —Ben to Andrea after killing Billy.[src]
Ben and Billy appeared to have a normal brotherly relationship. The two were usually always shown together. In later issues, Billy appeared to have grown fearful of his own brother, after witnessing him poking a dead cat. Billy is later killed by Ben, stating to Andrea that he'll come back, since he didn't "hurt his brains."
Ben, at least, loved Andrea, like his own mother. Not much is seen about Billy's and Andrea's relationship, but, it can be inferred that he liked her. Although Andrea was harsh with Ben and Billy at times, they still liked her. Andrea was deeply saddened by Billy's death, and felt like she failed Allen.
Billy, along with Ben, was usually seen playing with Dale. In the back of a truck on the road to D.C., either Ben or Billy was sleeping with their head on Dale's lap. Dale was more of an easy going parent whilst Ben and Billy were alive. Dale was deeply saddened by Billy's death.
Billy and Carl were good friends, and often seen playing together. Carl was upset over the death of Billy, and killed Ben.
Sophia often played with Ben and Billy, and they seemed to be good friends.
Glenn and Maggie were with the twins for a while, when they were on the farm. They eventually developed a good relationship during that time.
- Robert Kirkman answered the question whether naming characters the same name: Billy, Eugene, Chris, Eric, Jim, and Bruce was an oversight, "It's not oversight at all. It's completely unrealistic for a group of people to meet at random and never encounter the same names."
- Billy and Ben were the first twins in the Comic Series, the second pair being Rachel and Susie Greene.
- However, unlike Rachel and Susie, Billy and Ben are identical twins, not fraternal.
- Also both twins were killed around the same time.
- Rachel and Susie were killed together.
- Ben and Billy died in the same day.
- It is said in the Walking Dead script book that Ben and Billy are 4 years old. They presumably turned 5 or 6 during the apocalypse.
- While Billy didn't make a physical appearance in the TV Series, it is shown that Mika Samuels is his counterpart, due to the fact they are both brutally knifed to death by a sibling under the impression that they will come back.