|This article is about Allen and Donna's son in the Comic Series. You may be looking for Hershel's son in the Comic Series, Andrew and Hannah's son in the Webisodes, or the director.|
|Occupation||Assumed to be Pre-School Student|
|Family||Allen - Father (Deceased)|
Donna - Mother (Deceased)
Ben - Brother (Deceased)
Dale - Adoptive Father (Deceased)
Andrea - Adoptive Mother
|First Appearance||Issue 2|
|Last Appearance||Issue 61|
|Death Issue||Issue 61|
|Series lifespan||#2 to #61|
|Billy is murdered by his own brother.|
|Billy (Comic Series) Gallery|
Billy is a character first encountered in Issue 2 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is one of Allen and Donna's twin sons and the brother of Ben. He is unofficially adopted by Dale and Andrea after his father's death.
When Billy's parents Allen and Donna heard that a safe-zone is being established in Atlanta city, the family traveled for Atlanta. However they arrived late and found that the city had become overrun with walkers. They soon bumped into Dale and the Atlanta Survivor Camp, where they began to live in hope that the military would soon rescue them.
He doesn't seem to understand what is happening in the world as it is. After his mother, Donna, died, he didn't seem to understand what had happened, although he was very sad. When the survivors settled down at The Prison, Billy lost his father to a lurker attack. He's later adopted by Dale and Andrea.
Hershel's Farm ReduxEdit
On the road to Washington D.C., Billy is brutally knifed to death by Ben, who's convinced that Billy will come back. The group debates killing Ben to protect themselves, but takes no immediate action. In the night, Carl Grimes sneaks into the van where Ben is locked up, and executes him. The twins are buried side by side.
Killed Victims Edit
This list shows the victims Billy has killed:
- At least one zombie.
The twins loved their father. They were very sad when their last parent died.
The twins loved their mother, but when Donna died, they weren't able to understand what was happening.
Billy and Ben weren't just twins, they were also playmates. They usually did everything together.
Ben, at least, loved Andrea, like his own mother. Not much is seen about Billy's and Andrea's relationship, but it can be inferred that he liked her.
Billy, along with Ben, was usually seen playing with Dale. In the back of a truck on the road to D.C., either Ben or Billy was sleeping with their head on Dale's lap.
Billy and Carl were good friends, and often seen playing together. Carl was upset over the death of Billy, and killed Ben.
Sophia often played with Ben and Billy, and they seemed to be good friends.
Rick saw Ben and Billy as kids, and cared for them, though they never really interacted.
Amy looked after Ben, Billy, Sophia and Carl a few times at the Atlanta Camp. Amy seemed to care for the kids.
Glenn and Maggie were with the twins for a while, when they were on the farm. They eventually developed a good relationship during that time.
Otis was supposed to look after the twins while their father was dying, though he didn't seem to care for them. The twins seemed to dislike Otis as well.
- Robert Kirkman answered the question whether naming characters the same name: Billy, Eugene, Chris, Eric, Jim, and Bruce was an oversight, "It's not oversight at all. It's completely unrealistic for a group of people to meet at random and never encounter the same names."
- Billy and Ben were the first twins in the Comic Series, the second pair being Rachel and Susie Greene.
- However, unlike Rachel and Susie, Billy and Ben are identical twins, not fraternal.
- Also both twins were killed around the same time.
- Rachel and Susie were killed together.
- Ben and Billy died in the same day.
- Allen, Donna, and Ben appear in the third season of the TV Series, without Billy.
- It is said in the Walking Dead script book that Ben and Billy are 4 years old. They presumably turned 5 or 6 during the apocalypse.