Big Spot is a large store which first appeared in Season 4 of AMC's The Walking Dead. It is mainly based upon its real-life counterpart Big Lots!. It was abandoned and speculated to be used as a base for the U.S. Military--United States Marine Corps, specifically (this is because "USMC" appears on one of the vehicles).
Big Spot is a supermarket located near the West Georgia Correctional Facility.
When the outbreak began, a military outpost was set up at the entrance of the store, but was later abandoned for unknown reasons. At some point in time, a helicopter crashed onto the roof (the survivors of the incident were mostly likely eaten). Overtime, the wreckage began slowly weakening the roof of the store, causing a horde of walkers to fall in. Daryl, Michonne, Sasha, Tyreese, Glenn, Zach, and Bob find the store and use it to scavenge supplies. Upon going inside, it seems to be relatively safe. However, once the walkers begin falling in one at a time, this quickly changes. In the midst of this chaos, Zach is grabbed by a walker and bitten when the roof collapses in. The group quickly flees from the store to avoid any more deaths.
- U.S. Armed Forces (Previously)
- Refugees (Previously)
- Zach - Was bitten on the leg by a walker and was later devoured before he and the walker were crushed by a falling helicopter from on top of the roof.
- Military helicopter crew, possibly numerous counts of refugees.
- Numerous counts of zombies.
In Other Media
- The Big Spot is a sector guests go through inside the Orlando version of the The Walking Dead: End of the Line house at Halloween Horror Nights. One critique of this sector said that most of the merchandise is actually from Dollar Tree.
- The truck abandoned outside the store appears to be the base M977 variant of the Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck.