|This article is about the Comic Series character. You may be looking for her TV Series, Social Game or Survival Instinct counterparts, the actress, the other actress, or the voice actress.|
|Occupation||Physical Education Student|
|Family||Andrea - Sister|
Ben- Adoptive Nephew (Deceased)
Billy - Adoptive Nephew (Deceased)
|First Appearance||Issue 3|
|Last Appearance||Issue 5|
|Death Issue||Issue 5|
|Cause of Death||Bitten by a zombie.|
Shot by Andrea before reanimation.
|Series lifespan||#3 to #5|
|Amy is bitten in the neck.|
|Amy (Comic Series) Gallery|
- "Oh, bite me!"
- —Amy to Donna regarding Donna's comment to her about her swearing in front of the kids.[src]
Amy is a character first encountered in Issue 3 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is the younger sister of Andrea. She joins the survivor group existing on the outer limits of the overrun city of Atlanta when the dead began to rise, but later was killed when the Atlanta camp was attacked.
Before the outbreak, Amy and Andrea were on a road-trip together as Amy made her way back to college when the zombie outbreak occurred. Amy and Andrea were rescued by Dale when their car broke down and made their way to the survivor camp.
She helped to care of the group's children. With her adventurous and out-going personality, she became a key member of the group by helping to keep morale up. She, along with her sister, occasionally flirted with Dale in order to be allowed access into the RV for a safe place to sleep.
One night, when Amy goes to the RV to use the bathroom, she is attacked and bitten in the neck by a zombie in a sudden attack on the exposed camp and died of blood loss within seconds. After her death, a devastated Andrea shoots Amy in the head, saying that she wouldn't have wanted to come back as a monster. Amy was then buried in a small graveyard outside the camp site. The group was devastated over her death.
- "Amy, nooo!"
- —Andrea after Amy is bitten by a zombie.[src]
Amy was Andrea's younger sister, so they had a quite a close sisterly bond. They enjoyed their bonding trips when Andrea had to drive Amy places, especially to her college because of the long distance. Once Amy was bit, Andrea gets very depressed and is seen to be very affected by it.
- "I'll miss her. We'll all miss her."
- —Rick at Amy's funeral.[src]
Rick and Amy were not seen interacting much, but Rick and Lori trusted Andrea and Amy to babysit Carl and the other children, showing they trusted her. Rick was also seen shocked and upset once Amy was bitten and quickly was trying to persuade Andrea to get Amy into the RV before she died and Andrea put her down, before reanimation. Rick was seen sad at her funeral with his family and the rest of the group, he then got into a fight with Shane blaming him for Amy and Jim's deaths.
- "I--I wish she was here now."
- —Shane at Amy's funeral.[src]
Shane was never seen interacting with Amy much, but it is shown he is very upset at her funeral. It is clear that Shane feels responsible for Amy's death, blaming himself for not relocating the camp when Rick told him to, and feeling that his poor leadership led to Amy's demise.
Amy was Sophia's trusted babysitter when her mother, Carol, had to help out around camp. If Carol does this, it may suggest that Sophia enjoyed having Amy as a babysitter. She was likely very upset after her death.
Amy was Carl's trusted babysitter when his mother, Lori, had to help out around camp. Once again it's likely Carl enjoyed having Amy as a babysitter. He is seen to very upset at her funeral.
- "She came into my life at a time when I was ready to die. She gave me back my will to live...and I'll never be able to thank her for that."
- —Dale at Amy's funeral.[src]
Dale lets Amy and Andrea stay in the RV while at the Atlanta camp, stating it makes him feel better about his loss of his wife. Because of this he shows emotion over Amy's death, and is extremely empathetic towards Andrea.
- "Not in front of the kids."
- —Donna to Amy, regarding her vulgar response to washing clothes.[src]
Donna scowled at Amy a lot during her short time in the group. Following Amy's death, Donna unexpectedly said that she loved Amy and that she loves everyone in the group.
Although the are not often seen interacting, it would appear that Amy was friendly with Carol, as well as most of the other women at the Atlanta camp. When Amy babysits the kids while Carol, Donna, and Lori do the laundry, Carol jokes that Amy is willing to do anything to get out of laundry duty. Carol was seen grieving at Amy's funeral.
- Issue 42 (Mentioned)
- Issue 64 (Mentioned)
- Issue 68 (Mentioned)
- Issue 87 (Mentioned)
- Amy is the first person in the Comic Series to be seen getting killed by zombies. She is also the first human to die in the Series.
- She is also the first member of the Atlanta Survivor Camp to die.
- Comic Series main artist, Charlie Adlard, never drew Amy or Jim in the Series, but had to draw both characters before taking on penciling duties. His versions of both characters are in the Volume 1 hardcover.
- In the Comic Series, Amy never woke up after her death, as Andrea shot her dead body in the head. In the TV Series, Andrea waits until she reanimates to kill her.
- Amy is one of the only four named characters to be killed in a single-digit issue of the Comic Series, the others being Jim, Shane, and Donna.