It was released on July 22, 2014 for PC/Mac via Steam, PlayStation Network and PlayStation Vita, on July 23rd for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network Europe, on July 24th for iOS, and on October 21, 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
With the group scattered amidst a swarm of monsters sent from hell, Clementine's only goal is finding her friends and keeping them safe. Now, armed with only a hatchet, can she gather all of her friends before trouble finds them?
The episode will open, picking up directly after the final decision made in "In Harm's Way":
If Clementine cut off Sarita's arm: The episode will open as Sarita's severed hand falls to the floor. Staggering in pain as her arm continues to bleed out, Sarita screams in agony, as a group of walkers, drawn to both the sound and the blood, begin to attack her. Kenny, hearing her screams, spots Sarita in the distance being attcked, and calls out to her as he frantically rushes to her aid. Kenny will violently dispatch the attacking walkers as Sarita falls to the ground, bleeding and dying from multiple wounds. Mike, following Kenny over, looks on in shock at the battered Sarita lying on the ground, before exclaiming that there are too many walkers, urging Kenny to leave. Kenny, emotionally distraught, refuses to leave Sarita's side, angrily yelling at Mike to leave them alone. Clementine can attempt to convince Kenny to leave, or tell him that Sarita was bitten. Regardless of her decision, Kenny will angrily lash out at Clementine, blaming her for Sarita's fate. Mike, fighting off various walkers, continues to yell out for Kenny to leave, telling him that Sarita is already dead. Still heavily in denial, Kenny continues to mourn over Sarita's body. Clementine can then choose one of two options: either euthanize Sarita in order to end her suffering, or persuade Kenny to leave her behind. If the former is chosen, Clementine will hesitantly bring her hatchet down on Sarita's head and kill her, much to Kenny's grief. Kenny, unable to cope with the loss, will lash out once more at Clementine, calling her a "stupid fucking kid" as Mike grabs him by the arm and forces him to move. Kenny will curse out Clementine as he begins to flee with Mike, telling her that Sarita's death is on her head. The three will begin running towards the woods, eventually getting separated from one another within the herd.
If Kenny is convinced to leave, Kenny will tearfully say goodbye to Sarita, before picking up his crowbar and continuing to fight. He will yell at Clementine once more, telling her that she had no right to do what she did to Sarita. The three will start to run away towards the woods, eventually getting separated from one another within the herd.
If Clementine killed the walker: The episode will open as the walker falls to the floor. Sarita will look on at her bite in shock and disbelief. Clementine can attempt to calm Sarita down, either telling her that she is not dead, or that they will figure something out. Kenny, having heard Sarita's previous cries, rushes over to her along with Mike. Mike will notice that she has been bitten, but Kenny will deny the fact, claiming that Sarita will be fine, before grabbing her hand as the four of them begin to flee into the woods, eventually getting separated in the middle of the herd.
The next part is non-determinant and happens regardless of the choices made.
Clementine gets separated from Kenny, and is forced to fight through a couple of walkers that begin to notice her. She will narrowly evade a walker's grasp, as she sees Luke and Nick (if saved in "A House Divided") running through the herd, chasing after Sarah, who fail to notice Clementine. As they continue running, Nick will take a stray bullet to the shoulder, as Carver's people continue to fire blindly into the herd. Clementine kills more walkers as she searches for the group, now fully separated. Clementine will eventually be taken to the ground by a dead walker that falls onto her, before escaping from underneath it. Clementine then applies more blood from the walker in order to further camouflage herself. Clementine continues to walk through the herd, and can call out for Kenny or Luke, or elect to stay quiet. As she continues to walk, she will be grabbed by an unknown person, startling her. However, she is relieved when she sees that it is Rebecca, who has also been separated from the rest of the group. Rebecca is glad to see that Clementine is okay, and the two attempt to escape from the herd together. Clementine scouts ahead for an opening, only for more walkers to box them in, forcing them to retreat back. Clementine will bump into Jane, to which both Clementine and Rebecca are relieved to see. She tells Clementine and Rebecca to stay calm and continue to walk slowly, but Rebecca begins to panic, and pleads for Jane to help them. Jane suggests they spread out in order to avoid being noticed, and Clementine can either agree with Jane, or choose to stay by Rebecca's side. Jane begins to walk away from the two, but quickly has a change of heart, going back to help them. Jane notes that they need to push through a tight cluster of walkers in order to reach the woods, and asks Clementine to draw a nearby walker's attention for her. Clementine successfully draws the attention of the nearby walker, as Jane sneaks up behind it and removes its jaw, preventing it from biting them. Jane uses the walker as a 'cow-catcher,' pushing through the herd and knocking various walkers out of the way as Rebecca and Clementine follow behind her. The three manage to successfully escape into the forest undetected, as the herd continues to swarm and overrun Howe's.
Hours later, the three are seen walking through the forest, heading towards Parker's Run, the civil war site they previously agreed upon as their meeting spot. As they continue walking, Rebecca begins to lag behind. Clementine, concerned for her well-being, asks Rebecca how she is doing, and she tells her that the pregnancy is beginning to increasingly drain her energy. Rebecca thanks Jane for saving them back at Howe's Hardware, but begins to voice second thoughts regarding the escape plan, citing the death of Carlos and the separation of the group, claiming that they should have come up with a better plan. Jane adamantly tells her that the plan worked, to Rebecca's dismay. The two decide to drop the argument, and Jane persists for them to keep moving forward. Rebecca suffers yet another contraction, and Jane allows Rebecca a moment to stop and rest. A conversation about Rebecca's baby ensues, and when Jane makes an offhand comment about what she will do with the baby, Rebecca takes personal offense to the statement. The two have another short argument, which ends in Jane storming off, as Rebecca attempts to apologize for her outburst.
Jane, Rebecca, and Clementine reach Parker's Run and are delighted to find Bonnie and Mike waiting for them. They discuss the fact that Nick, Luke and Sarah have yet to arrive at the meeting place, and that Kenny is sitting nearby seemingly broken. Mike states that Kenny flipped out when he attempted to talk to him, and so Mike and Bonnie suggest for Clementine to talk to Kenny and see if he is okay.
If Sarita was left behind at the herd, Kenny is heard talking about her and asking for her forgiveness as Clementine approaches. Clementine tries to talk with him, but he becomes hostile towards her, stating that just because she is a little girl, it doesn't mean people won't care if she kills someone. He becomes increasingly angry and hostile, and this forces Clementine to back out and leave him alone. If Sarita escaped the herd with Kenny, Kenny will be seen comforting her, and is angry towards Clementine for her inactions. He tells her to leave them both alone, which she does. She returns to the others and continues to discuss their plan of action, with Mike being skeptical about bringing a baby into this world without food or water. Clementine suggests they should go find Luke, Sarah and Nick (if he was still alive), to which Rebecca agrees. As a result, Jane volunteers to search for them, asking Clementine to go along with her. Rebecca thanks Jane for this decision, and the two head out into the forest.
While walking, Jane says how she is not sure they will be able to find Sarah or the others, but Clementine can choose to disagree. Either way, Jane will mention that Clementine has to be smart, otherwise she would not be able to make it this far. The two discuss whether or not being in a group is the best option, and if surviving alone is the more pragmatic solution, ending with Jane giving Clementine some advice about her group, claiming that it is "cracking" and won't last for much longer with only "broken decisions". Jane then reveals more of her previous life with her sister, Jaime, recalling the memories of having a little sister and annually visiting an amusement park in Virginia during the Summer.
Momentarily, Jane spots an area ahead, and the two come across the Sunshine Mobile Home Park where two fresh corpses lay on the ground. Jane teaches Clementine to make sure the walkers are dead, and that only fresh walkers contain useful loot. They search the walkers and discover bullets and a nail file. Further ahead, when they flip a walker corpse, Clementine discovers Sarah's glasses on the ground underneath the walker, meaning that Sarah had once been here. Clementine can call out for Sarah's name, or discuss what to do with Jane, but before they decide what to do, Sarah's screams are heard from within the trailer park, as well as Luke's voice.
Together, they discover a hole in the fence allowing entry into the trailer park, and they discover that a zombified Nick (if he was saved in the second episode) is caught in the fence. Jane requests that Clementine should be the one to end him. Saddened, Clementine does so momentarily afterwards with three hatchet blows to Nick's head. Jane gives Clementine more advice not to hesitate if she has to do this to other members of her group, and she also gives her a more agile weapon - a scratch awl. After entering the trailer park, they discover two walkers close by. Clementine kills one of them, and Jane attacks the other, while also demonstrating a new tactic to Clementine; to kick the walkers in the knees and then stab them in the back of the head. They press onward and discover two more walkers blocking view of a trailer where Sarah and Luke are hiding. Before advancing towards the walkers, Clementine can choose to "double tap" the dead walker in front of her. If she does, the walker will struggle as it dies and Jane will remark that Clementine is "paying attention." If not, Clementine gets caught by the seemingly dead walker that jumps on her. Clementine manages to kills this walker as Jane takes care of one of the other walkers. Clementine finishes off the last walker, using the tactic that Jane just taught her, to which Jane will be pleasantly surprised and merit her use of the tactic.
Ahead, they find the trailer park where Sarah and Luke are hiding, but discover that the trailer is surrounded by walkers attracted by Sarah's screams. The two decide they need to find a way to lure the walkers away, and Clementine decides to use the horn of a nearby car to do so. Together, they drag a walker corpse to the vehicle and leave it on top of the steering wheel, creating the monotonous horn sound which manages to successfully attract the walkers away from the trailer. Jane and Clementine quickly enter another trailer to the side in order to get around to Sarah's trailer. However, there are two walkers which they must dispose of first, which they do with ease. The two manage to reach the outside of Sarah's trailer, but discover the door locked. It turns out that the walker that was left on the steering wheel had fallen off, resulting in the horn being silenced and the walkers beginning to return to the trailer in which Sarah is screaming. Running out of time, Clementine attempts to open the door while Jane defends her from the walkers. Clementine eventually manages to break open the door by kicking it down, and once inside, the two immediately pull over furniture to block the door from walkers.
Once inside, Luke comes out to find them, and Clementine can reveal Nick's death to Luke (if he was still alive) to which he is horrified and saddened. Luke then explains that Sarah had run to this trailer park for shelter and hasn't moved since. Clementine rushes over to find Sarah huddled in the corner of a room in shock, presumably over her father's death. Clementine attempts to talk to her in order to get her to move, but time begins to run out as the trailer is surrounded by walkers. Luke notes that the only exit is now a skylight. Walkers begin to break the main door down, and Jane rushes to help block it, asking for Luke's help in doing so. After failing to get Sarah to move, Clementine will go help Jane and Luke, looking for something they could climb on top on to reach the skylight. It turns out that the furniture they used to block the door is the only item they can use to do so, and together they quickly move it over to where the skylight is, with Jane killing the attacking walkers that have entered the trailer. Luke is the first to exit the skylight, and it is then up to Clementine to convince Sarah to leave or to let her stay. If she convinces her to leave, Clementine will ultimately have to slap Sarah in order to get her to move through the skylight, but if she leaves Sarah, the latter will start screaming for Clementine and become engulfed by walkers as Clementine and Jane exit through the skylight. Depending on Clementine's choice, all four, or only three of the survivors can return to Parker's Run.
On returning, they discover that Rebecca is in increasing pain from her pregnancy, and that Kenny is residing within a nearby tent. They are greeted by Rebecca, Mike and Bonnie. Rebecca is either glad or saddened of Sarah's fate, and is saddened when she learns of Nick's fate (if he was saved by Walter). Luke brings Rebecca for a walk, and Bonnie asks Clementine if anyone in the group has experience with a baby's birth. Clementine decides to talk with Kenny and asks for his help with Rebecca's pregnancy as Kenny is the only person that has had experience with a birth in the past. Kenny, although resentful at first, agrees to help. The group decides to look for supplies and shelter nearby, and Jane goes towards the local observation deck and gift shop, while Bonnie and Mike head towards a nearby museum. Clementine can decide to go with Jane to the observation deck or with Bonnie and Mike at the museum.
Upon reaching the deck, Clementine will find Jane sitting on a bench, and the two will discuss the situation more whilst walking to the observation deck. At the top, they discover an ideal safe location for Rebecca to give birth, however, it is locked under a padlock and will take some time to open. Without warning, Clementine spots a stranger approaching the observation deck from afar, and this forces the two to hide. The man climbs to the top and attempts to stuff a bag into a garbage bin, but Clementine startles him by talking to him. The man reacts with hostility and points his gun at her, saying he will not hesitate to shoot her. As Clementine begins talking to him, Jane sneaks up behind him and disarms him, forcing him to drop his bag. The man reveals his name to be Arvo, and Clementine discovers the bag to be filled with medical supplies. Clementine can choose either to keep the supplies for themselves, or give them back to Arvo. Either option will result in Jane threatening Arvo to never come to this area again, before sending him away. Jane returns to breaking the padlock while Clementine returns to Parker's Run.
She discovers that Rebecca is in great pain, and can offer her the medicine she acquired (If she chose to steal it from Arvo) to ease her pain, to which she is grateful. Kenny will question the fact that Bonnie and Mike still aren't back from the museum, and he suggests that Clementine should go and check up on them, to which she agrees. If Sarah was saved from the trailer park, Clementine can talk to her, and Sarah will claim that she is waiting for Carlos to come back, making Clementine appear visibly worried about Sarah. After the conversation, Clementine will continue towards the museum.
On arrival, she finds Bonnie and Mike squabbling due to finding no supplies yet, but welcome Clementine to join in their search. Clementine manages to discover a Civil War Confederate coat that could be used as a blanket. She also later discovers two water barrels in a locked room. Bonnie and Mike join her, as she manages to open the window gate partially, allowing herself to squeeze through into the other room to unlock the door. To her shock, Clementine gets stuck half-way through, but suddenly a walker rises up from the locked room and grabs Clementine. Mike begins to kick down the door as Bonnie attempts to pull Clementine out. If Clementine refuses to squeeze through, Bonnie will reach in the window gate in an attempt to unlock the door, and she gets grabbed by the walker instead, which will result in her getting her head hit, leaving a bruise around her right eye. Mike manages to successfully kick down the door and knocks down the walker which Clementine then finishes off. Mike grabs the water barrels, and as they head outside, Bonnie notices a raccoon. The trio suggest capturing it and eating it later. After trying to capture it, the raccoon heads outside where it is revealed to have a family, and Clementine can either show that she is content or disappointed that it managed to escape. The three then head back to Parker's Run with the water barrels and coat.
As they return, Rebecca begins screaming in pain, attracting a herd of walkers nearby. The group quickly try to move Rebecca to the safer observation deck that Jane was working on earlier. Kenny and Mike (if Clementine asks Mike to help) will fend off the approaching walkers as the others get Rebecca away, though Bonnie notices that Kenny is only attacking a single walker over and over. Upon arriving at the observation deck, Clementine discovers that Luke and Jane had just finished having an affair, and Luke becomes shocked when Clementine arrives. Kenny instantly snaps and becomes hostile towards Luke as it was Luke's job to be on the lookout for walkers. Regardless, the walkers begin to climb the observation deck, and the group prepare for it. Kenny stays with Rebecca and deals with her birth, while the others secure the gate to ensure the walkers are unable to enter the deck. However, the gate begins to break, and Luke asks for Clementine to find something they can use to block the gate. She decides to use a nearby cannon to secure the gate, and Luke helps her wheel it over, but to their horror, the increased weight of the cannon causes a portion of the deck to collapse underneath them, causing both Sarah and Jane to topple over, as well as several walkers. Luke manages to clasp Jane's arm, but Sarah is trapped on the ground underneath piles of rubble and is unable to escape. Clementine can either help Jane up, or ask Jane to rescue Sarah. If the latter or silence is chosen, Jane will drop down and attempt to lift the rubble off of Sarah. However, a plank from the damaged deck falls and dazes Jane, causing her to stumble away, and by the time she regains consciousness, the walkers are already devouring Sarah. Jane manages to get herself back onto the top of the deck as Clementine watches in sorrow at the death of Sarah. Alternatively, if Clementine chose to pull Jane up, then Sarah will be devoured regardless.
Rebecca continues screaming from giving birth as Jane apologizes, but she quickly notices that the walkers are using the collapsed deck to climb up towards them. Clementine or Luke will quickly decide that they need to collapse the rest of the deck, to which Clementine discovers that she could collapse it if she cut the remaining cable with her hatchet. Mike boosts her up in order to reach the cable, and Clementine manages to dislodge the mechanisms after three swipes, causing the remainder of the deck to collapse and crush the walker herd. The group quickly scurry and return to Rebecca, only to discover the lifeless baby in Kenny's hands. However, as the child seems lost, it begins to cough and breathe, and so the group retire for the night within the observation deck.
Later that night, Clementine talks with Rebecca about her baby, and offers Clementine to hold him, to which she can accept or decline. Kenny will then arrive and offer to look after the child for the night in order to allow Rebecca to get some rest. Clementine then discovers Jane attempting to leave them all behind. When questioned about it, she claims that Sarah's death reminded her too much of her sister, and that she wouldn't be able to watch the same thing happen to Clementine. Clementine is clearly saddened by this, and can even choose to ask Jane if she could go with her, but is refused anyway. Jane then offers her a nail file as a parting gift. Luke arrives to find Clementine sitting alone. Upon hearing about Jane's sudden departure, he angrily bangs the wall, which angers Kenny. The two have a tense argument in front of Clementine until Rebecca calls out for Kenny to give her the baby. The group then argues about their next destination, mainly about Rebecca's physical condition. Clementine bears the ultimate decision anyway, with most of the group abstaining and Rebecca supporting Clementine either way.
When the group decides to leave, they head northwards as the location becomes coated in snowfall. Rebecca becomes visibly weak and collapses, halting their travel as she rests on a car tire. As Kenny and Luke persist arguing over the decision to leave earlier or later, the man that Clementine and Jane met earlier arrives, along with three other Russian people that hold Clementine's group at gunpoint. The man, Arvo, will ask where Jane is, and when Clementine tells him that she had left, Arvo believes it to be a trap, causing both groups to become hostile and aim guns towards one another. Clementine begins to hear the sounds of a walker, and turns in a horrified glance to find that Rebecca had died and zombified in mere minutes, still holding the baby in her arm. Clementine can either decide to shoot her, or call out for help to which Kenny will then shoot her. Either option will result in the groups being startled and the episode ending with several gunshots being fired.
This list shows some of the choices made by players that are tracked by the game.
- For the complete in-game stats, see Video Game Statistics.
Pragmatism: Left Sarah at the trailer park?
- Saved Sarah - 40.6%
- Left Sarah behind - 59.4%
Compassion: Robbed Arvo?
- Didn't Steal - 52.4%
- Did Steal - 47.6%
Selflessness: Crawled through ticket booth?
- Crawled Through - 50%
- Let Bonnie reach through - 50%
Nurturing: Held the baby?
- Held the baby - 56.9%
- Didn't hold the baby - 43.1%
Survivalism: Shot Rebecca?
- Shot Rebecca - 42.9%
- Did not shoot Rebecca - 57.1%
- Nick (Determinant)
- Alvin Jr.
- Jon Sandusky (Corpse)
- Sarita (Alive; Zombified, Determinant)
- Jaime (Confirmed Fate)
- Jon Sandusky (Confirmed Fate)
- Nick (Alive and Zombified) (If saved in "A House Divided")
- Rebecca (Alive and Zombified)
This list shows the narrative consequences affected by choices from previous episodes of Season 1 and 2.
- Depending if Lee shoots Duck, or makes Kenny do it and Clementine says "Kenny's been through this before" she will say how Kenny needed help or he took care of Duck in "Long Road Ahead".
- While talking to Kenny in the tent, if you say "You're just feeling sorry for yourself", Clementine can say that she had to shoot Lee or that she lost her parents depending on whether or not you shot Lee.
- If Clementine shoots Lee Everett in "No Time Left", when Jane and Clementine encounter Nick's reanimated corpse (Determinant), Clementine can say to Jane she had done that before.
- Nick will appear in this episode if he is saved in "A House Divided".
- If Nick appears, after Clementine puts him down, the first walker she kills will have blood around its mouth and on its neck and shirt, hinting that it caused Nick's death. If Nick died in "A House Divided", the walker will be clean.
- Clementine will have a scratch on her cheek if you try to help Kenny when he is being beaten up by Carver in "In Harm's Way".
- The episode will start differently depending on whether Clementine cut off Sarita's arm or killed the walker at the end of "In Harm's Way. If you cut off her arm, she will say Clem's name and the hatchet cutting off her hand will be heard and her scream in horror. Instead, if you didn't do that, in off she will say Clem's name and will be heard the zombie being chop and Sarita crying.
- After Clementine escapes the herd, and if she says "maybe we should have done something else", depending on what happened with Sarita, the dialogue will be different.
- Depending if you stayed to watch Kenny kill Carver or left with Sarita, and If you say "You're wrong, he's protecting us", while talking to Luke about Kenny's mental health, Luke will have different lines about how you watched him kill Carver or what he did to him was wrong.
- While talking to Rebecca about Alvin, and you say "everything he did was for you and the baby", Clementine will mention that Alvin stayed in Carver's office to kill Hank or he gave himself to Carver depending if you saved him or not.
- If you saved Sarah from the trailer, and you talk to her later, when she asks you why you didn't leave her, and you choose "Because we're friends", if you decided to be her friend in "All That Remains", she will either say "I could never be that good of a friend" or "No. We're not".
- Also when Clementine begins to talk to Sarah in the mobile home, she will either say "Hi" or say nothing depending if you decide to be her friend or not.
- If you went to get juice box and bandages from Alvin in "All That Remains", Clementine will mention that if she tells Rebecca that Alvin was a good man.
- During the scene where Clementine goes to talk with Kenny in the tent, the flock of ravens on the left side of the tent will fly away or stay grounded depending on whether Sarita's arm was cut off.
- If Alvin was killed in "In Harm's Way", Clementine references his death (and Sarita's, determinately) if she states to Rebecca that the plan to escape worked.
- This episode has ten chapters.
- First appearance of Arvo.
- First appearance of Alvin Jr.
- First appearance of Buricko.
- First appearance of Vitali.
- First (and last) appearance of Natasha. (Alive)
- First (and last) appearance of Jon Sandusky. (Corpse)
- Last appearance of Tavia. (Unknown)
- Last appearance of Lowell. (Unknown)
- Last appearance of Tyler. (Unknown)
- Last appearance of Vera. (Unknown)
- Last appearance of Tisha. (Unknown)
- Last appearance of Sarita.
- Last appearance of Nick. (If saved in "A House Divided") (Alive and Zombified)
- Last appearance of Sarah.
- Last appearance of Rebecca. (Alive and Zombified)
- First mention of Jaime.
- The episode's release was delayed for about 6 hours, due to a bug, which was fixed hours later due to the bug-fixing team was sleeping at the time.
- The title of this episode refers the group being in the middle of the ruins after the events in "In Harm's Way".
- This is the first episode with variant title screens. The thumbnail will look different depending on which platform you play on, who went with Tavia in "400 Days" and which part of the world you live in.
- This is the second episode in the series to feature two different death possibilities for a character in the same episode, the case is both Sarita and Sarah. For Sarita, she either is killed by Clementine after or left behind to turn by Kenny, or be killed after reanimation by Kenny. For Sarah, you could save her, thus prolonging her life, only to be killed later on in the episode, and in the same way.
- This is the first episode in the series that has a setting in the snow.
- This is not, however, the first episode with snow is seen. That episode is "A House Divided".
- This is the first episode where no new characters were killed. (Not counting Jon Sandusky)
- The song that plays during the end credits is "Salty Seas" by Devics.
- If Nick appears in this episode, he has a very short participation and doesn't even talk. Even his voice actor, Brian Bremer, is not listed in the ending credits.
- Before Clementine, Rebecca and Jane escape the herd, if you look closely to the rooftop of the hardware store, you can see walkers surrounding the survivors on it.
- Natasha, Buricko, and Vitali have unused lines where their dialogue is spoken in English.
- Part of the background music in the episode is re-used from "400 Days" DLC official trailer.
- Taking too long to make a decision regarding when to leave the observation deck will result in Mike and Rebecca making the decision, which is to leave in the morning.
- If Clementine takes too long to decide whether or not to steal from Arvo, Jane makes the decision for her. Surprisingly, Jane relents to Arvo's begging and allows him to leave with his medicine bag. Jane places the blame for letting Arvo leave on Clementine for her indecisiveness.
- During the "Previously On", while the group is smearing guts in their bodies, Bonnie is not using the backpack and is not holding her weapon.
- If Clementine chose to help Kenny in "In Harm's Way", the cut on her cheek is seen in this episode. However, after she goes with Jane to look for the others (when Jane talks to her in the woods), her cut is gone. When arriving at the Sunshine Village Mobile Home Park to deal with the walkers surrounding Luke and Sarah, her cut reappears as she and Jane make it into the trailer.
- If Sarah was saved at the trailer park, and dies later when trapped under the rubble, her game model will reset, causing her to stand up. If the player attempts to stomp on the ramp in order to prevent the walkers to reach the deck, she can be seen turned around, as if she was not trapped at all. When the rest of the deck collapses, where she can be seen dead under the rubble.
- When at the war site, Luke has an assault rifle, despite not having used or displayed the weapon at the trailer park.
- When Natasha shows up, she has two guns in both hands, but right in the next shot, she only has the one aiming at the group.
- When everyone aims at each other, you can see Bonnie already aiming at Natasha and Arvo, but in the next shot she aims again, though this may have been intentional.
- If you save Sarah from the trailer park, when she gets caught under the rubble before her death (if you choose to pull Jane up), you can see that when she calls for her dad, her mouth does not move.
- If you chose to have Clementine say that she doesn't trust Arvo, when Arvo shows up to the group near the end of the episode, Luke's AK-47 would be seen laying on the ground, right between his feet.
- The background music can be heard even if you turned the music option off in the options. The music would be heard starting from where Luke speaks his mind about having sex with Jane, and ends after the group's discussion on when to leave the deck.
- If Sarah is saved at the trailer park and you talk with her on the way back, Clem has the option of saying "we'll get through this, I promise", however only her mouth moves as she says "I promise," no dialogue sounds occur whatsoever.
- When Mike kills the second walker outside of the museum, the first walker he killed is lying in a different direction.
- There is a strange but minor model glitch that only happens for a few frames, during the argument between Kenny and Luke about watching the baby because Rebecca is weak and seems as if she is able to hold the baby, at one point she is missing from the frame and her model will be glitched standing up with the baby floating, suddenly her model will glitch back onto the tire into it's normal animated state. It is hard to notice but visible once you see it.
- A possibly very rare minor model glitch may also happen during the scene where a piece of wood falls on Jane's head while she tries to rescue Sarah. This will cause one of Luke's eyes to appear almost completely black for the remainder of the episode.
- Sarah's model would be seen standing alive when Luke, and Clementine try to drop the deck by stomping the broken deck.
- If Clementine goes with Bonnie and Mike first and gives Rebecca the jacket at Parker's Run and Clementine tells Rebecca the baby doesn't look like Carver, then the buttons on the jacket disappear.
- If Clementine gives Rebecca the coat at the memorial site, her pupils sometimes briefly glitch out of sight giving her the appearance of a walker.
- There was a cut scene where Jane tells Clementine an explicit joke. The scene was going to take place when they were walking to the trailer park to look for Luke, Sarah, and Nick.
- For all obtainable achievements and trophies, see Achievements.
Critical reception of this episode has been generally mixed. IGN concluded their review with a score of 6 out of 10, noting that this episode is a step back for the season and the series as a whole. They criticised Telltale for failing to build tension by continually introducing events "out-of-left-field." IGN highlighted that penultimate episodes tended to be a problem for Telltale, as they felt similarly about "The Wolf Among Us", another Telltale Game. Critics were harsh concerning the number of redundant choices, and, subsequently, the unavoidable deaths, Nick, Sarita and Sarah in particular, saying it felt like Telltale was just killing characters off to make the player feel down.
Brad Gallaway of Gamecritics praised the toughness of the decisions within the episode, calling them more "gripping" than past episodes within the season, also praising the writing of Jane's character and the increased opportunities to interact with the group of survivors, but also added that he felt that playing the first three episodes would have superfluous impact on one's enjoyment of the fourth.
|Episodes of The Walking Dead Video Game|
|Season 1||"A New Day" • "Starved For Help" • "Long Road Ahead" • "Around Every Corner" • "No Time Left"|
|"400 Days"||"Vince's Story" • "Wyatt's Story" • "Russell's Story" • "Bonnie's Story" • "Shel's Story" • "Epilogue"|
|Season 2||"All That Remains" • "A House Divided" • "In Harm's Way" • "Amid The Ruins" • "No Going Back"|
|Michonne Series||"In Too Deep" • "Give No Shelter" • "What We Deserve"|
|Season 3||"Ties That Bind - Part 1" • "Ties That Bind - Part 2" • "Above The Law" • "Thicker Than Water" • "From The Gallows"|