|This article is about the Comic Series character. You may be looking for his TV Series counterpart. You may also be looking for the Survival Instinct character.|
- "That's it--I'm cutting out my tongue! I'm doing it! I'm gonna do it now before it spreads! I ain't going to be no deadie!"
- —Albert complaining after finding out Dale was infected.
Albert is an antagonist first encountered in Issue 63 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is one of the six cannibalistic Hunters who were tracking down Rick Grimes and his group of survivors on their journey to Washington, D.C.
Nothing is known about Albert's life before or as the outbreak began.
Albert was one of six cannibalistic survivors who stalked and preyed upon other living humans, namely the weak or isolated, for sustenance. Not much of his personality was revealed, only that he, like the others, listened to and obeyed the group's leader, Chris.
Like his peers, Albert had initially become a cannibal due to the circumstances of the new world and the scarcity of food; however, the extent of how much he agreed with his group's actions is unknown. Chris had revealed to Rick that they had eaten their own children to survive, and it is unknown if Albert had any children that was part of the re-telling.
Albert was one of the more vocal members of the Hunters when it was discovered that Dale had been bitten after they consumed part of his leg; he believed he had to cut his tongue out to prevent reanimation, but, he was stopped by David.
Albert seemed to one of the more active Hunters, having been one of the three who stalked Rick's group. He was also the Hunter responsible for shooting Glenn in the leg when he, Charlie, and Greg had used the mutilated Dale as bait to draw out the other survivors.
His decision consequently cost his group their lives, as the Hunters realized when Rick and his survivors, who had left the church, ambushed the Hunters in their own home.
Albert, like the other Hunters, was mutilated, beaten, and burned by Rick, Abraham, Michonne, and Andrea in retaliation for their attack on Glenn and mutilation of Dale, and allegedly for the safety of the group.
This list shows the victims Albert has killed:
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
- As with the other Hunters, his past is unknown. The Hunter's leader Chris had claimed the cannibals ate their own children, but it is uncertain whether Albert had children.
- His appearance is very similar to the marauders that Rick, Carl, and Abraham encountered on the way to Atlanta.